Top 5 Home Staging Tips
Upholding the lap of luxury can be a daunting task when it becomes your everyday living space, but when Northern Virginia luxury homes hit the real estate market, they have a certain reputation they must uphold. Effective home staging is estimated to sell luxury real estate 80% faster and for prices 20% above the market. Boasting an impressive sale velocity of 30-60 days, Gene Mock and the Premier Team works to transform spaces and maximize buying and selling potential. While they may cater to an affluent clientele, Premier Team offers some everyday tips to sell any home faster and more profitably! Contact Gene Mock & The Premier Team 703-342-8100 to get more information about how we work to find the right buyers for your home.
- Neutral Wall Color, period. When home staging in the Hamptons or Northern Virginia, always minimize color in favor of neutral, freshly painted walls. White makes every space appear larger and new.
- Remove all personal photographs before showing your home. Potential buyers want to envision their family in your space so minimize your personal touch when the “For Sale” sign hits your front yard.
- Make it easy for buyers to envision themselves in your home – the more obvious, the better. Open a cook book on the counter, set out a carafe of water, and lay a novel on the bedside table. These simple home staging concepts can trigger just the right amount of excitement in the mind of a potential buyer.
- Unclutter 50% of your personal belongings. Often potential buyers are concerned with storage capacity in a living space so clearing out your clutter will allow them to experience the true storage space of your home.
- Make your bathroom look like a hotel. Deep clean your entire bathroom space down to the grout in the tiles and be certain countertops are free of clutter. When home staging in the Hamptons or anywhere, bathrooms should appear as if the maid just dropped in with freshly rolled white towels.
Luxury Home Buyers Demand a Posh Showing Experience
When buyers and sellers have the financial ability to participate in the luxury home space, they demand a posh showing experience. Every home has issues that get ignored, but whether the listing price is $250,000 or $2.5 million, the bottom line for any property on the market is – get it fixed! Affluent buyers demand affluent spaces and even if unloading a luxury property is burning a hole in your pocket, you still must invest heavily on buyers’ first impressions. The statistics prove over and over that staging a home to be its most appealing can, and will, sell a home faster and for a higher price.
Contact Premier Team @ 703-342-8100
Gene Mock, Associate Broker, Premier Team, Keller Williams Realty
Monica Mock, Sales Consultant & Home Stager, Premier Team Keller Williams Realty